Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cade Michael Hartley is here!!!












The pictures from the day of his birth will be posted shortly but here are some pictures that we took today.

We went to my appointment Tuesday January 20th @ 1:00pm and I was still dilated to 1cm but was in a lot of pain. I was sent to the hospital for induction. Got to the hospital @ 2:30pm and they hooked me up to all the monitors and I was having contractions pretty close together. I labored until Wednesday January 21st around 4pm and I was only at 5cm and had been there for almost 7 hours. The doctor, Jerome and I decided the baby was in a position not suitable for labor or he weighed too much and went in for a c-section. I had to be knocked out because I was feeling too much pain when they were cutting me, even though I had an epidural. I didn't get to see Cade born or any of the stuff that happens right after delivery, that made me really sad. Jerome was there but they had to get him out quickly so he was unable to cut the cord. I was in the hospital until Saturday January 24th.

We are home now and all doing well. I'm thankful for my mom being there through my labor and also thankful for my sister, brother-in-law, Dad and Step Mom for being here after I got home to help me out. I'm still really sore from the surgery and can't do a lot right now.










2 comments:

Tina said...

He is very handsome little man! I hope you are doing well. Let me know if you need anything. Congrats!

Tina

girlChris said...

He is adorable!! I'm glad you were finally able to post some pics :)

I have a few things for you and let me know if you need anything. I'll call later to set up a time to visit maybe this weekend.